This event is now full and a reserve list is in operation.
Stourport, near Kidderminster
Three information controls
Average overall speed required
This route was called Begwyns, Books and Stones before a major route change to reflect restrictions on groups on the Welsh side of the border, limiting groups to six people from two households. The new route remains on English soil. Whilst losing the western portion of the Begwyns, you will gain Wenlock Edge. But do not fret, the new route has just as much scenery. Whilst not venturing to the Western end of the Begwyns or to Hay-on-Wye, the new route includes a great traverse of Wenlock Edge, before crossing the east end of the Begwyns at Brilley Mountain and crossing the Wye Toll Bridge for Arthur’s Stones and a return to Stourport. As an Xrated ride, it is no-thrills in terms of facilities. Electronic forms of evidence for proof of passage are accepted for validation.
- Some sections of the route are winding, narrow and twisting notably Wall to Craven Arms and off Arthur’s Stones.
- Big downhill sections must be taken with caution to avoid oncoming traffic, potholes or loose gravel. Care should be taken on the descents off Wenlock Edge, Brilley Mountain and from Arthur’s Stones. Please ride these at caution to avoid potholes and oncoming traffic.
- Roads are potholed following the recent winter.
- Audax events are not for profit but any surplus made will be donated to a local charity.
- Check AUK’s terms and conditions shown on the entry form when you enter.