Jack Clements Memorial
Little Mountain Time Trial
23rd April 2017
World Champion Paracyclist
Sarah Storey, competing in last year's event, 2nd fastest
in the Women's category.
New Headquarters and Modified Course for 2017
Exciting news, the Beacon Little Mountain TT is this year
moving to the famous Shelsley Walsh Motor Racing Hill Climb
venue. The course will cover the same basic route as previous
years, but will be modified to accommodate the start outside
the new headquarters, and the sting in the tail, the finish
at the top of the famous hill climb.
Once again the event will be a counting event in the CTT's
Classic Time Trial series. Riders can enter four main categories;
Juniors, Women & Veterans, Men & Espoirs and Paracyclists.
Competitions this year within the event will include; hill
climb times, road man / woman, vets and age categories.
As this will be the first year on a modified course, there
will be no PB improvement prizes or prizes for course records,
but that will be all back on next year.
The new venue brings with it a smart professionally run café
providing hot food and the usual teas and coffees, ample car
parking and great spectator viewing. Join us for the most
friendly, exciting and enjoyable event on the time trialling
- Open to all club riders
- Elite or novice, male or female, young or old - all welcome
- 37-mile course, mostly on quiet country roads
- Prizes spread throughout the field, Age-category prizes
- Equal prizes for top women & men
- Superbly marshalled by dozens of Beacon members
- Smart, welcoming HQ with plenty of parking
- Podium and prize presentation
- Plenty of photographs of the whole event
- Colour start-sheet and results brochures
You can be assured of a great welcome from the whole of our
club - it's a tradition that our members bring a real sense
of fun to the Little Mountain TT with plenty of laughs and
smiles from all the helpers and marshals to make sure that
you enjoy your ride.