Anyone who is interested in cycling as a sport or pastime can join the Beacon. It doesn’t matter how old you are, how fit you are or what your cycling ambitions are: we’ll always try to make you feel welcome.
Full membership is £15 per year for adults and £5 per year for under 18 year olds. Family membership for up to two adults and any number of children living at the same address is £25.
To become a Beacon member via secure card payment please proceed to our secure payment page (a small card processing fee applies).
Alternatively you may complete an application form and send it to the membership secretary with a cheque or standing order.
- Join in all the club’s cycling and social activities
- Represent the club in open races organised under the rules of bodies such as Cycling Time Trials and British Cycling
- Take part in club time trials
- Obtain advice and coaching
- Buy and wear club kit
- Get discounts at local bike shops
- Have a say in the way the club is run, by voting at the club’s general meetings
- As a second-claim or social member, you get all the above benefits, except for the right to represent the Beacon in open races and the right to vote at general meetings.
Safeguarding & Welfare
In line with most sports clubs we have a Welfare Officer, currently Kate Dighton. Any concerns re safeguarding, child protection or protection of vulnerable people can be referred to Kate in the first instance via email or by phone using a number published in the membership pack.