A list of club time trials being held in 2022 is available below. Newcomers are welcome to take part in club TTs, as are guests from other clubs. As well as a bi-weekly time trial league that is inclusive to all and encourages new and old participants across all ages, we are also organising three open events this year, which need to be entered in advance (see links below).
In 2022, we’ll be:
- Running a league system with the final table based on the best eight results of each rider, as well as our traditional members’ handicap competition.
- Using a mix of traditional TT and sporting courses, using quiet roads where possible.
- Having a separate road bike category (no aero equipment and maximum 60mm depth wheels [NB: we’ve updated this from an original rule of 50mm, given the popularity of Zipp 404s]).
- Having a 2-up (i.e. teams of two riders) mini-series within the league, with three designated events.
- Holding a gala summer evening TT featuring retro bikes or fancy dress, with all proceeds going to charity.
- Operating a marshalling rota to ensure the sustainability of the events. Each participant will be asked to marshall at one event.
The entry fee for a club time trial is £4.50 including the £3 Cycling Time Trials (CTT) levy. For 2022, CTT regulations require that all riders have working rear (red) and front (white) lights and wear a helmet. Please aim to arrive at least 15 minutes before the event start time in order to sign on.
If you’ve not given TTs a try before, we recommend reading this article on the website of the governing body, CTT (it’s from 2007, so some of the details are dated, but it gives a good idea of what to expect).
For the most up-to-date information on these events please visit the TT section of the club message board. Further details of relevant CTT regulations are available on the time trials page of this website.
|1||Sat 26 March 10:00||K32/20||Results|
|2||Wed 13 April 19:00||K36/4.5 (two laps)||Results|
|Sun 24 April||Little Mountain Time Trial|
|3||Wed 27 April 19:00||K36/4.5 (two laps)||Counts as 2-up mini-series event*||Results|
|Wed 11 May 19:00||K36/4.5 (two laps)||Results|
|5||Wed 25 May 19:00||K36/4.5 (two laps)||Counts as 2-up mini-series event*; road bike only||Results|
|Event rescheduled due to COVID|
|6||Wed 20 July 19:00||K34/25||Club 25 Mile Championship||Results|
|7||Wed 3 August 19:00||K36/4.5 (two laps)||Counts as 2-up mini-series event*; road bike only||Results|
|8||Wed 17 August 19:00||K36/4.5 (2.221 laps)||Club 10 Mile Championship; retro, TT and road bike categories|
|9||Wed 31 August 18:30||K32/20||Club Handicap Championship|
|10||Sun 18 September 10:00||KH12||Club Hill Climb Championship||Results|